We are pleased to announce that Relief Enterprise, Inc., is now an ISSA Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS)-certified with Honors organization, which means that we are among an elite group of cleaning service providers that are prepared to deliver quality, customer-focused services. As part of the CIMS certification process, an independent CIMS assessor has audited our systems, processes, and policies to ensure compliance to cleaning-industry best practices as outlined in the CIMS Standard. CIMS Certification demonstrates that Relief is structured to deliver consistent, quality service and is committed to efficient operations and continuous improvement. By implementing core CIMS principles into the organization’s management framework, Relief Enterprise, Inc. strives to deliver improved productivity, increased customer satisfaction, and enhanced professionalism.
CIMS Certification and Covid-19
How has CIMS certification prepared us to clean and disinfect at a high level during the COVID-19 pandemic? We have successfully fulfilled these elements of the CIMS standard and leverage them routinely to ensure clean, safe, and healthy environments for our customers, staff and building occupants:
- Emergency Response. We have a plan to respond to emergency service needs, including infectious disease outbreaks like COVID-19 and other emergencies such as fire, theft, active shooter, etc. (CIMS Standard § 2.1.8)
- Disaster Planning. We have a plan to deal with natural or man-made disasters such as infectious disease outbreaks. (CIMS Standard § 2.1.9)
- Technical Training. We maintain a written curriculum for technical training of cleaning personnel and documentation of personnel that have been trained. This training applies to all cleaning chemicals and equipment your organization employs in your cleaning process, including disinfectants. (CIMS Standard § 3.6.1)
- Chemical Safety. Our cleaning staff uses chemicals in a safe and proper manner in accordance with all manufacturer instructions. Further, we follow standard operating procedures for all chemicals and equipment—including disinfectants—based on CDC and EPA guidelines. (CIMS Standard § 184.108.40.206)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). We document our selection and use of PPE, a critical component to protecting our workers’ and building occupants’ health and safety. Further, we comply with all applicable OSHA and state requirements for PPE use. (CIMS Standard § 4.1.3)
- PPE & Bloodborne Pathogen Training. We train our employees annually regarding the hazards of cleaning blood and other potentially infectious material along with the proper use of PPE to keep everyone safe. (CIMS Standard § 220.127.116.11)
Relief Enterprise’s CIMS certification equips us to manage COVID-19 challenges and deliver quality cleaning and disinfection services every day. You can feel confident that we are prepared and prioritize your health and safety as we conduct our work.